July 23, 2010

100 Not Out

My dear and faithful Readers,

It seems I have reached something of a traditional milestone, at least in cricketing terms, and I must take the opportunity to raise my bat to the pavilion and salute you all. I trust I shall go on to make an unprecedented innings!

For lovers of statistics, as I know cricket enthusiasts to be, my current stay at the crease began on December 16th, 2009, and has included visits from 12,750 people, who between them have read 24,618 pages of ‘Being Manly’. There are some 49 following the blog directly – I do hope for more – and a further 195 following on the facebook site, not accounting for some duplications there. You have demonstrated yourself to be a trustworthy and intelligent lot, and as such I humbly beg that you ask your esteemed peers to look in on me as well. If we are to do any good, we must share our noble thoughts widely.

With the knowledge that you will not desert me, for I shall not desert you, I re-don my helmet, take guard, and once again turn to face the bowling.

Sincerely and ever yours,

VB.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 100th post milestone! I have enjoyed every single post and will continue to promote the 'cause' and this wonderful blog of yours!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you most heartily Lily. Your plaudits do mean a lot to me. Congratulations also to you, on your first year!
    VB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I look forward to your posts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I look forward to yours, my dear Turling. Oh to spend a few hours digging manfully in your garden!
    VB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't own up to say that I read every single of them, as some topics are not of interest to me; although the columns that I do read, I thoroughly enjoy from tip to tail. Well done on your 100th post ... C'est Fantastique!

    But I must edge you on one point .. should it not be desert as oppose to Dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have been referring to our tacit mutual agreement not to eat each other after dinner, but since this may be thought obvious I have changed it to the meaning you suggest. I obviously have editor fatigue. Thanks for reading, and proofing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hear!Hear! Well played sir, well played!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done..and I have enjoyed your topics and prose...although still not in your camp on the hunting issue.
    It does not appear you are following my Blog...so while I continue to list yours as one I follow...I will respectfully request reciprocation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you James.

    Mr. Sportsman, forgive the oversight. Duly following you, and found you a place on the blogroll.

    VB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks....Keep up the good work..
    We'll be watching Cricket soon here at germantown Cricket Club.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Mr. VB. I mentioned your noble blog to a lady friend at dinner tonight as it happens to be my favorite. Would you please give your consideration to writing a book on manliness?

    Best,
    Hilton

    ReplyDelete
  12. Consider it considered, my dear Hilton, although the numbers I mention above will need to swell considerably if I am to be persuasive in approaching a publisher. Another six months on this path and I'll have another look.
    VB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the Milestone. I can say that I think this is the first milestone, and if you continue with the great writing this will only get better.

    Good stuff,

    Schmidty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails