June 14, 2011

City (E)scape

I’m catching up with myself. I’ve ditched Berlin for the month of June, and come to you from Montreal. New York next week. Montreal is the city I call home – a place I adopted five or six years ago – and, as with all homecomings, one begins by exhaling. The psychological comfort zone is welcome. I’m steeling myself for a busy time, as I attempt to reconcile my purpose to my future. July is likely going to be a mare, but I’ve broken worse.

A couple of points of order:

I must cordially acknowledge Lily Lemontree for giving me a hearing on her elegant blog. It’s a strange experience to answer direct questions about oneself, but the result I think is pleasing, and possibly an insightful backdrop to the pages before you. In the coming weeks I shall appear there again, detailing five elegant places not to miss in Berlin. I’ll let you know when it appears.

On arrival here I was pleased finally to take possession of my Timothy Everest signature tie, which I consider myself very lucky to have received. Tim’s Spring into Summer ready-to-wear is out, and as per usual it’s right on point. I hasten you there. Here are his images, stolen in the nicest possible way:




4 comments:

  1. Hello:
    However much one enjoys being in and seeing new places, it is always, we feel, good to be able to spend time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Montreal - great profile of you on LL's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home is indeed sweet. And everyone's been very kind about the LL profile.
    Welcome BC. Good to have you on board.
    VB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails