September 06, 2011

The World, if not the Worm, doth turn

My presence here has been patchy of late, but I want to let you know that the ride didn’t stop. It simply ran on other rails for a while.

I can’t recall a busier summer of travel and work, which both fly for me right now under the banner of ‘application’. In any case, the summer’s work is bearing fruit, as you might expect, and harvesting it is a labour. Yours truly is back in gainful employment, at least for the time being, and committing his energies to his professional calling. Callings are the best and worst of life, for they demand to be done whether they come with joy or otherwise. For many a moon, my calling came with a kind of grief, where the rewards were always tainted by the overarching feeling of being misapprehended and under-valued, and by the stink of failure. One puts it all down to paying one’s dues. Get your head down; grin and bear it; soldier on.


Since I can’t guarantee that the upturn will endure, I’m making the most of it. If you spend a winter rationing last summer’s meagre bounty, then it is no time to be lazy and nonchalant when it’s time to gather this summer’s plentiful crop. A measure of success is not a sign to sit back and enjoy the ride. A measure of success is a sign to put your foot down and bloody drive. You’ll understand, perhaps, that this has kept me from these pages of late. Once I figure out how to make everything balance again, you’ll hear from me more often. There is no shortage of things to say, after all.

A quick shout out to Lily Lemontree, who will be posting my guide to elegant places to visit in Berlin later today, so she tells me. Do enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job. Here's to its health and longevity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hatchet. Health and longevity indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always worth the wait. Good luck with the harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been surfing on-line more than 3 hours lately, yet I never discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It's pretty value sufficient for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers
    made good content as you probably did, the net will be a lot
    more useful than ever before.

    Here is my website ... Dragon City Cheat Engine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails