March 11, 2011

See One, Play One

Not a post about cards, although it is high time I ventured in that direction. No, I merely wanted to say that I was buying groceries yesterday and picked up a bunch of tulips for Mrs. VB while I was at it. The guy behind me had a bottle of cheap red and a lump of cheese on the conveyor belt. He looked at my lot, tapped me on the shoulder, and asked where I got the flowers. He looked insecure. I pointed, and he went and fetched a matching bunch. He looked a lot happier for it. Being a gentleman isn’t all about sense of self. One leads by example, even when completely unaware that one is being observed.

6 comments:

  1. Did you give yourself a pat on the back? How pompous! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pompous? Moi? Duels have been fought over less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have thought being called cute is more of a reason to raise an eyebrow than being called pompous. After all, doctor do not you affect pomp? Is not dueling itself also an affectation of pomp?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love how you led him to the floral bower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "One leads by example, even when completely unaware one is being observed" Well said, VB! The veracity of this statement merits it being carved in stone along the paths we trod for all to read as a daily reminder. Excellent, jewel-like post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails